Sunday, October 21, 2007

Some quick blogging while I'm working with Microsoft tech services to re-enable my Vista. Fun.
We're at 1 hour 10 minutes and counting....

A little background: I had some instability with the rebuilt game PC system and I thought it would be better to upgrade to Vista with a new set of drivers. The Motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI with 2GB of DRAM. It turns out the motherboard has had some DRAM stability issues that works best with a manual override. The system instability caused Vista to become corrupted, but the retail upgrade edition of Vista wouldn't let me reinstall it easily.

Now are 1 hour and 40 minutes and still no working Vista. The India-based tech has already complimented me twice on my patience.

The reason I wanted Vista on my game PC was for the DX10 content, with World in Conflict sitting on my shelf and Crysis coming. I may have to resort to reinstalling WinXP and trying to install Vista again. Cripes.

No comments: