Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So I spent two and a half hours with the Microsoft support line and still no resolution to the problem. I've concluded that I will have to re-install WinXP and then re-install Vista. But first, I'm going to install a new 10,000 RPM main drive and re-install the O/S on that drive. Using a RAID 0 drive as the boot drive caused way too many problems with the WinXP install.

On a side note, I picked up 2001: A Space Odyssey on HD DVD. Early informal reviews at AVSForums has been positive. The old DVD I had was horrible. I'm still trying to buy the Valve Orange Box at Fry's for the discount price (I have a rain check), but it's constantly out of stock. I wonder if Valve is shorting retail in order to drive more people to the Steam online delivery system, bypassing the retail channel and manufacturing costs. Naw, Valve wouldn't be that manipulative.

No comments: