Saturday, February 12, 2005

Rise! Arise from the dead my blog! It is time. buwhahaha.

OK, so much for the melodramatic re-introduction of my blog. At the Sun Analyst Conference, I raised my hand when one of the Sun CTOs asked who has a blog. I did have one, but stopped writing in it almost a year ago.

The problem is that I am not a natural writer. The day job takes a lot of concentration for me and I just don't feel like writing more at the end of the day. Why am I starting it again? Well, I'm not completely sure. Maybe I think I can turn it into a business? Not likely. That people will be thrilled to learn about the underbelly of the chip business. Well, so would I , but I'm not going to write about that. I guess it's mostly to gain more practice and learn to be able to put more of my Nu Yurk into my writing. Some more attitude. And an outlet for the stuff I can't put in an official publication.

Like: what is the worst kept secret in silicon valley chip business today? It's P.A. Semi. They are designing a PowerPC processor, and everyone knows it. The biggest part of the secret is whether they are doing it for Apple or not. If they have plans for Apple, I might want to remind them of a company called Exponential, who also built a chip just for Apple and then Apple said, er, no, we don't want it afterall. In this case, let the seller beware!

Out for now. I'll be back (said with an Austrian accent)

No comments: