Sunday, May 02, 2004

It's the Blog that won't die: Part V

Wow, have things changed and gone full circle since I left off. I left MDR in December to join a microprocessor/comm/networking chip start up (it had three product lines), but I found that the product marketing role just didn't fit me very well. So I struggled for four months trying to fit in and it just wasn't working very well. I started to think about returning to MDR and began a dialog with the new GM. But I think they would not meet my old salary and we would have found ourslelves at a deadlock...until, quite unexpectedly, the Editor-in-Chief of MDR decided he had enough and quit. That opened up a better paying position for me and broke the log-jam.

So now I'm back at MDR as Editor-in-Chief. I've decided that I'm going to try to save it. But saving it will mean re-inventing it. It developed out of Michael Slator's interests and consulting. It needs to change, just as everyone's interests change over time. It's a challenge, but one that I am ready for.

No comments: