Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life now has a renewed sense of urgency. A close family member of my wife (actually, the cousin of her ex-husband, but we're actually very close to him) was diagnosed with a malignant brain cancer. The only symptom he had was he had difficulty speaking for the last 2 weeks. No other symptoms. After he insisted on getting it check, they found a tumor and today the biopsy came out as malignant. We're devastated about it. He just turned 60 and was in excellent health. We're very upset.

The thing that it does make you think about is how much time we have in this world. At 53, I'm thinking about what I am doing that is not what I want to do. I've made recent career decisions based on monetary gains, not based on my passions. It just not going to work for me over the long haul. So changes will have to be made, and made soon.

No comments: